Friday, September 7, 2012

El Primero Semana!

           I AM HERE! I AM FINALLY HERE!  The whole time I was traveling south, I couldn't believe that it was actually time to go!  I am missing home, but I know that will always be a factor in my day to day challenges.  I am starting to think of everything in spanish, even though I have only been here for three days!  God has definitely blessed me with four wonderful roommates!  Debi, who is 21 years old and bilingual (viente y uno años) and she is technically our room leader but definitely a good friend already!  She was born in Mexico and grew up in Argentina so she will help me the most when it comes to learning the Argentine spanish accent.  For all those reading that are not too familiar with the spanish language, just like our language, there are different dialects and accents.  (IE: English is spoken in Florida, Alabama, London, and Canada but they all sound different and are spoken differently---but still are the same language.)  In Argentina, there is a different dialect of spanish compared to Cuba, Puerto Rico y Mexico.  SO you understand. ANYWAY... another roommate of mine is named Keila (bilingual and 19 years old) and she is born and raised in Mexico!  She is a beautiful singer, plays guitar, has a CD on iTunes (so you should all go look her up, type in Keila) and she is absolutely hilarious!  Always bubbly, laughing, heckling the other girls in the room and just fun to have around!  Another girl is Bea (Beatriz) y dies y nuevo años,and she is from Perú! She understands english, speaks a little english, but definitely a sweetheart! And last but not least, Cathy (pronounced Caugh-tee) doesn't speak or understand english, es viente años, but is SO nice and always sweet to me, even though we both need a translator around!
        Last night, they threw a little Welcome party or Bienvenidos fiesta with matte y café para mi! They are so nice and it made me feel really welcome! God is already working here and it is definitely going to be great!

2 comments:

  1. These girls sound so sweet! They are now your family girl, four new sisters! The friends I made at wol are some of the most special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all! Unfortunately, we switch roommates every semester! So in January when I come back, I will have new ones!

    ReplyDelete