Thursday, November 1, 2012

November...Está en realidad noviembre.

    I can't believe its actually November!  I have been gone for over two months! No lo creo! (I can't believe it!)  I have learned so much! But there is still so much to do! The is so crazy!  I am not ready to go home! But I am missing home so much!  I have to keep reminding myself that I still have 6 more months (as of right now, could be more) left of this!  Anyway, let's go back to what has been going on these past few weeks...
    Last week, we studied the book of James.  I learned about James, the brother of Jesus, was writing to the scattered Jews that left and needed to be encouraged and calmed!  But in reality, it calmed me!  The New Testament teaches and prepares us for what is to come in our future.  James specifically talks about how the devil is going to tempt us and how temptation is from the devil when trials are from God and they both have different objectives.  This book also teaches us how we should act and how to have true faith, with works.  The list goes on!
    This and next week, we are studying The Life of Christ!  IT HAS BEEN AN AWESOME WEEK IN BIBLE CLASS! The founder of Palabra de Vida Nicaragua (Word of Life Nicaragua) flew here to teach this class.  He has a bonus because his daughter goes to school here.  This class has been incredible! But this class goes over the gospels and some of the many details of Christ's life.  How cool would it have been to have lived in Christ's time?  I mean, I have experienced this feeling already when I was in Israel, but to be reminded of this!  Israel (of course because this is where this all took place) has been brought up many times this week and was a great feeling to be brought back there!  Now that I think about it, it has not been brought up just in class, there was a missionary here last night from Peru that is an expert on Israel and she showed us a video of a ton of places.  I said quite a few times to myself "I was there! I went there! I sang there! I went in the water there!"  Made me miss it :(  THEN!  Another PBB girl here, her family is going there soon, for a missions trip!  So be praying for the Jensen Family because that is very dangerous but all so thrilling!  Anywho, but this class is incredible!  Our teachers notes have at the bottom "lessons for life" or things to just think about while studying.  Things like "If you had been living at the time of Jesus' birth and John the Baptist's message, and you had realized that God was sending His promised Messiah, what would you have told your friends and acquaintances?"  Think about that.  Does that make you think differently?  We have Christ's death and resurrection to believe in, but they had yet to experience that!  So would you have still put your faith in Him?  If you have no idea what I am talking about, please message me in my Facebook inbox or email me at sirkmaggie@yahoo.com and I would LOVE to explain further!  But we have been talking about Joh the Baptist too because he plays an important role of setting up Christ's ministry and displaying perfectly fulfilled prophecy!  The Gospels, wait....the BIBLE is incredible!
      The past few days have been hard but I have definitely received a lot of encouragement from many people.  Guys, I can FEEL the prayer at home!  I am so incredibly thankful for those of you praying!  It is amazing!  I have a month here until break and I will be finished with my first semester!  I have learned so much and like I said earlier, I still have so much more to learn!  God has provided in so many ways, all the way through the hard days, but this week, in our morning devotional with bible class, that we need to build an altar and give thanks for everything, daily.  It made me think of all the things that I have, don't have here, things I am missing, things that I am thankful to be without, and just for my day!  There are a lot of things I can't bring to words because it is just so awesome and so specific to my heart!  Keep praying guys!

Prayer Requests:
1. Focus for the last month, to finish strong.
2. For God to really work in the hearts of the students here and really use this last month for them (for the institute, its almost summer break)
3. For God to work in the hearts of the bilingual program students here, as if we should stay longer (past our time in PBB)
4. THE ELECTION, IN WHICH I DID GET TO VOTE FOR!
5. My family, cause I miss them :(

Thank you all and PLEASE message me with prayer requests!

No comments:

Post a Comment