Friday, November 9, 2012

El Mensaje de la Cruz


What a week this has been!  We had FIME this Wednesday night and it stands for (in english) International Festival of Musical Students (Festival Internacional de Músicas Estudiantes).  The previous week there were tryouts of at least 30 different UME groups (prayer groups for different countries) that were required to make up an original song to perform and 10 would be chosen to perform for FIME! (By the way, its pronounced fee-may, the “i” in Spanish is pronounced like an “e” and the “e” is pronounced like an “a”) After all 10 performed, 3 were chosen based on the message of their song and the musical creativity and a few other categories.  3rd place was UME Mexico, which was INCREDIBLE!  A 3rd year student here from Mexico and the Lord has blessed that boy with some vocal chords! Hopefully I can post these videos Facebook so you can hear just a bit of what I have been listening to the past few weeks!  1st place was UME Africa, which my roommate wrote the song and I can see why they won first just because of the musical creativity alone!  It was such a blessing because my roommate has been struggling with some illness for over a few months now and she started crying when playing cause they were asked to play again after being announced 1st place, just because the hard work paid off and she knew God had carried her through all the way!  Now, UME Bolivia didn’t place, but they should have!  Cesia, a great friend here from Bolivia, and that learned English in Florida, believe it or not, wrote a beautiful song called “El Mensaje de la Cruz” which means “The Message of the Cross.”  I got chills!  And I also recorded and have been listening to it all day!  So now I am definitely posting these songs!  (Once I get better internet in town) I was just reminded of how God blesses people with these talents to bring glory to Himself and that was definitely seen last night! 
            This week has been another one of those weeks that I am left speechless as to what God has been doing in my life!  For example, today, in my time with God, I asked God to shed light on something that He wanted me to change so that I could continue to be more like Him.  SO my day goes on, and there is something that is annoying me, continuously, and it wasn’t anything that had to do with any person and anything around me, it was all in my heart.  At lunch, it dawned on me, it was God just being loud and clear, that’s why I couldn’t get away from it!  That is just an example of all the wonderful things He is showing me! 
            In bible class these past two weeks, we have had the director of Word of Life Nicaragua teaching us and we have been learning about the Life of Christ.  No joke, Wednesday, we talked about preparing for the end times, the tribulation, and things leading up to all of this.  What a more perfect time to study this part of the Word! I literally was sitting there, realizing that God saved this lecture for today just because of the results of the Election and He wanted to bring us peace!  All of Election Day, I was praying for the salvation of Obama and Romney, and I encourage you all to do the same still!  Ultimately, all the issues with our country will come down to Christ and His return, but when this world ends, we are going to be left without everything, and so will our president, and don’t we hope for Him to have a relationship with Christ?  I do!  So don’t just pray for the restoration of our country, pray for the SALVATION of our country!  Being here has made my American pride inflate like a million times!  Everyone is so proud of their home country here and that is because there are SO many!  I think there are 34 different countries feeding into this campus!  And not just Spanish countries!  (France, Germany, Haiti, Romania, Bermuda, England, and more!)  It’s crazy to know that there are people from the complete other side of the world, not just hemispheres!  But one thing that was very awesome was to be in UME USA and to have those others students from Equador, Argentina, and more, praying for OUR country.  What a blessing! 
            So this week in bible class, we have been focusing on the second half of Christ’s ministry, discipleship.  We, as believers, are called to disciple younger believers and to BE discipled by a more mature believer than ourselves.  I never thought of it that way, but its true!  When Christ was in Gethsemane, He was praying to God saying “Here God! I did what You told me!  I’m giving the glory to You!” How incredible!!?!  He knew what was ahead of Him the whole time.  All 33 years of His life, He KNEW that He was going to die, but He did it to save us, and He did it so He could glorify Himself in Heaven again!  Magnificent if I say so!  I hope you are as encouraged as am!  But the whole point of the disciples were to form the church body once Christ has returned to heaven, and the disciples were to go out and make more disciples.  We, as disciples of Him, are CALLED, not asked, COMMANDED multiple times in the gospels but to be specific, Matthew 28:19-20.  Christ tells the disciples to “GO ye therefore, and TEACH ALL NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you, and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the world. Amen.” This verse is what compelled me to have a heart for missions.  This verse gave me comfort in coming to Argentina.  This verse, from Christ’s lips Himself, will always be engraved on my heart.  I mean look, He gave us an instruction and said but wait! I will be with you the WHOLE WAY!  If you ask me, I would be….AM running for that call!
            I can’t believe I am in the month count down!  I will be heading home in 3 WEEKS from THIS MONDAY!  CRAZY!  But, I still need to focus!  FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS!

Prayer Requests:
1)   SPANISH! It’s getting better every day!  But I still have a long way to go!
2)   Tamara Edwards (I don’t know if any of you know her, but she is flying to Argentina, really close to me, for the month of December, to study!) So pray for her travel in that month and for wisdom and strength for I know exactly what she is going through!
3)   The students going to Haiti in December (Katie Sirk, Megan and Mike Wheeler, and Tiffany Buelher)
4)   My concentration on these last 3 weeks! I love it here! SO MUCH! But I do miss home J
5)   Please start praying for clarity on if God wants me to stay here longer after PBB is over.  Spanish is my ministry and it would help me immensely to stay longer! But only if that is God’s will!

THANK YOU FOR READING! J Please message me with prayer requests or just to say hi! Would love to hear from you! J

No comments:

Post a Comment