Saturday, October 13, 2012

We Are All Tabernacles

Wow! This week! One of the longer weeks! I don't know why! But boy am I exhausted!  I think it is because God did so much in my heart, mind, and my feet!  I can't believe I am a few days short of half way through my time till December!  This is crazy! That went so fast!  Anyway I will bullet some of the awesome or not so awesome things this week.

Awesome #1: God has been giving me the desire to read His word.  That is a huge praise alone because before I came here, I was having a HUGE problem with my devotional life and I knew that was bad!  I wanted to WANT or to HAVE TO read His word every day.  It is hard waking up at 5:45 AM with a flashlight every week morning to do so, but a Pastor Johnny Hunt from Woodstock Baptist Church that was here with his pastoral staff shared with us that it is solely discipline.  God has been using that time to share things with me and open up my eyes and heart for things to come!  As an institute, we are following the guideline to read the New Testament before December.  How awesome is it that I get assigned to read the bible???

Awesome #2:  My package is in Argentina and being prepped to send to the WOL office in Buenos Aires!  But a not so awesome part is that they want to tax us for the contents.  The President of Argentina does not allow importation into the country anymore so the government checks every package to see what people are sending.  BUT IT IS HERE!!!!

Awesome #3: The Lord is opening up my heart, not saying YES, but opening up my heart for the idea to finish first year (August-November of 2013).  It is not a yes or no yet, and I am sure He will tell me after I go home and come back in January, just to see what it feels like!  He just has been asking me to surrender my plans of school again so that He has room to work.  A testimony of a student here gave me the thought about how besides the things within close proximity of time, we don't need to plan ANYTHING!  If we are walking in the will of God and pursuing our relationship with Him, and like Matthew 7:7 says to keep asking, seeking and knocking to what He wants for us, His will is going to happen!! We don't need to worry! It may not be revealed WHEN we want it, but He ALWAYS answers prayer!  Being here has made me realize the amount of faith, love, and willingness to surrender we should have in our lives DAILY.  Christ has the willingness to surrender His life.  Not just His life, but the fact that He is the Son of God and didn't have to take on God's wrath, but He surrendered that day and surrendered who He was, just for you.  Just for me.  Isn't that a great feeling?  How can you NOT feel loved?

Awesome #4:  I am so thankful that the Lord got me through another week! Friday afternoon, I had a huge sigh of relief!  I was like "this was a rough week! Pero, esta el fin de semana por fin!" (But, its finally the weekend!)

Not So Awesome #1:  I miss home :/

Prayer Requests:
1. For my UME group (Wed. Night Ministry) and their mission trip to New Jersey in December.  (Prayers for finances, VISA paperwork, and safety)

2. Energy, rest, and answers to prayers.

3. My family back home because I miss them and I have less to get through than I have already experienced but please, so that they will have rest and peace with me being away.

4. That the Lord will work in the hearts of the people that the ministry is reaching this weekend and for the trips to come!

5. Lastly, for my package to get here!!!!!!

Please feel free to message me of any prayers requests that you have and would like me to pray for because I WILL! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment