Sunday, October 7, 2012

Spanglish!

    Well, I have finished another week here! 7 more weeks till I come home!  I can't believe it has gone from 12 to 7 so quickly!  But I am enjoying my time SO much here! Days get pretty rough every once in a while!  I just have to keep my head up and look at the end result!
    So all the prayers have been working! God has been so good in helping me learn spanish! I still have a long way to go but this weekend, my spanish just boomed!  People are starting to not talk in english to me, which is great! Makes things harder but definitely is forcing me to use my brain a lot more!  This is so exciting!!! This weekend was a mix of good and bad things.  Had a crying moment today because I didn't get the chance to do my devotion when I normally do (which is what threw me off) and then after church, I was locked out of my room and it was starting to rain (which means temperature is dropping) with just a dress, sweater and heels on.  Had to walk back to the Comedor, vent to Mom, Dave, and Micah over FB chat because I didn't have headphones to Skype, and I had to work.  NO BUENO!  Pero, God used people throughout the day and also spiked my spanish speaking which al together made today much better!
     On a MUCH brighter side, my package made it through Customs and the sorting facility, entonces, el paquite debe ser aquí pronto! (And so, the package should be here soon!)
     This week, we studied The Tabernacle!  Our teacher was a scottish argentine.  Strange mix, but his family is scottish and he was born and raised all the way through college in Argentina and him and his wife now serve in Argentina.  He is an architect and with his wife, they design replicas and displays of things, liked the tabernacle and other things, to show and teach other people.  He is a very nice and intelligent man that was just FULL of information about The Tabernacle!  If you have not had the chance to learn about it, go! Now!  For those who don't know, it is the way that people were able to truly know God before Christ came and died for our sins.  It was a way of repentance, offering, and forgiveness.  There are so many aspects that are explained in multiple places in the bible but primarily in Exodus (Éxodo) and every part is very specific and important.  One thing that really just resonated in my mind and heart was the significance of all the curtains and coverings.  The colors meant something, the amount meant something different, etc.  Now, remember, Christ's death had not occurred yet, and so the ONLY way to God was through the sacrifice of animals and through the high priest entering the holy place.  A curtain stood in front of this special room because like I said, only the high priest could enter once a year and Moses (seeing how he was the one that God instructed to do all of this anyway) could go in whenever he wanted.  So still, that was the only way to God.  Now thinking of us now, the ONLY way to God is through His son Jesus Christ.  He referenced the"veil" that was hung in Herod's temple at the time of the crucifixion was the one that tore.  At the time, the whole high priest rule was still in place but when Christ died, the veil was torn, the veil that stood in the way of getting to God, therefore MAKING A WAY TO GOD.   How cool is that!?!?  I don't know about you, but I am stood with my mouth on the floor with that.  He showed a picture of the high priest standing with the incense used before the veil just flabbergasted at what had just happened.  I guess I just never knew enough about it but am just like AHHH! There are so many more of these kind of things that are like this within the facts, and yes, FACTS about The Tabernacle.  I suggest you all study it!
    Anyway, here we go.  Another week!  I am excited to see what the Lord has for me!  He is still taking care of me, and there are for sure more hard days to come!  So far, I have really enjoyed my time here and can't wait to study the word more!
   Oh! And one more thing....I am starting to speak spanglish and lose proper english grammar. Good or bad??

No comments:

Post a Comment